I have decided to blog a photograph. I have no illusions about professional and or art photography, I am but an happy amateur. And do not plan to regularly post photographs either – writing is still my main mistress of which I am ever loyal etc etc.
But having posted it to both Twitter and Facebook without awe and to Pinterest without ‘aww’ I thought I would see if I could match that sequence of indifference here.
Though I have said I plan no further such digital camera snapping shots I did consider that I could take a picture of the same spot each day at the same time each day too which may even then come to be considered in some quarters as something very nearly art, or at least an artistic enterprise. But the organisation and discipline involved in such a project dissuaded me – in other words I could not be arsed.
The picture naturally needed a name – a throwaway name for a throwaway picture was perhaps called for but a shortlist arose in me.
- Autumn from my window
- Autumn from my kitchen window
- Autumn from my kitchen window at half-past-two on a Wednesday afternoon
- So that the view from Sam Flowers’ first-floor kitchen window could be seen by the world and thus that world not be so bereaved of its otherwise absence
- Everything changes, everything remains the same
- The futility of railing against the futility of being
- Signs of Autumn Twitter Project #anfomhar (insideview.ie)
- [Autumn Inspiration] (hannahsnote.com)
- Autumn Smiles (dutchindianwoman.com)